Jenna and I were shopping for career clothes…and we thought we’d drop into our local Yankee Candle Outlet. Here’s some new candles we got to sniff!
Warning…I have a cold, so my sense of smell was not ideal!
1) Under the Palms: This was a unique scent…Jenna and I couldn’t tell if we likes it or hated it. It had a green scent and was similar to Malaysian Palm (World Journey). If you like lush, green, fresh scents, this will be one to look out for!
2) Snow Berry: This is a holiday 2013 scent that I don’t know the status of…I’ve heard it’s going to pop into stores, or that it may be an international scent that didn’t make it to the USA. Either way, it’s a great scent! The juicy red berries mixed with fresh, frosty snow is a perfect winter scent..not just a Christmas scent! I really liked this one!
3) Exotic Bloom: My cold prevented me from getting a good sniff at tarts (sorry). But here is a new 2014 scent!
4) Citrus Tango: I couldn’t smell this one well either…but I got nostalgic for the label of this scent. Citrus Tango’s label was the theme of my wedding. And that’s Jenna’s hand in the photo! I’m very excited for this scent!
5) Sandalwood Vanilla: Jenna and I got into an argument whether this was a new scent or not. I was team “new scent” and liked the earthy vanilla tones. (and loved the label!)
6) Okay, I loved Star Cookie. But, as Jenna laughed “Wow, it smells like every other YC cookie scent.” Yup, this scent was basically identical to Christmas Cookie, but I loved it!
7) Cafe: It’s no secret that I love coffee, and coffee scents. Wow is this a strong, freshly ground coffee bean, scent. If you like coffee scents, this will be a home run. It is much more of a coffee scent than a latte scent.
And finally, I made a quick trip to Homegoods, browsing for North Pole Magic. (I love how wonderful this candle community is…..This is a shout out to our commenters Gini and Irene). I didn’t find North Pole Magic, but my Homegoods was loaded with new holiday YC scents.