Last week, Jenna and I also went to a Yankee Candle Outlet! We saw two new(er) World Journeys and found some notable mentions!
Here are some of the “highlights” of our trip 🙂
1. New England Maple Cream: Jenna and I were so hopeful with this scent! We are New Englanders and maple is a huge part of my husband’s life (he went to college in Vermont). But, the cold throw on this candle is soooooo light that I don’t even know what to say about it! Both of us have now passed over this candle twice because of the “barely there” cold throw. Has anyone burned this candle? Is it any good?
2) Australian Eucalyptus: This is one of the newest, and most elusive, World Journeys. It has a surprisingly pleasant scent…just like a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a humidifier. I feel like this would be an excellent scent to burn when your sick!
3) Garden Time: This is a limited edition candle that I have never seen. The label immediately grabbed my attention…it’s just so adorable! The scent is nice as well….very herbaceous and green. It smells like an herb garden with just a hint of dandelions and a dash of grass.
4) Creme Brulee: This was the first time I’ve ever seen Creme Brulee as a jar…it’s a retired Yankee Candle scent that I’ve seen tarts of here and there. It’s nothing special, in my honest opinion. It is light, with a slight vanilla custard scent…I was hoping for caramelized sugar! I’ll pass!
5) Banana: Wow did I love this creamy banana scent! This needs to become part of Yankee Candle’s line-up!
This is a part 1….part 2 will be up shortly and will feature the plethora of tealight scents we found (and the new Yankee Candle tealight style)!
But before I go…..I have to be a true fan girl and post this picture from the Boston Bruins (credit to the Boston Bruins http://bruins.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm)
I’m a huge hockey fan…and here are 3 Bruins Olympians who brought home medals (L to R): Loui Eriksson from Sweden (silver), Patrice Bergeron from Canada (gold), and Tuukka Rask from Finland (Bronze).