Okay, so I’ve compared two eggnog scents recently and the question I keep asking myself: which one is better?
Team Yankee Candle with their retired, and heavily missed, Eggnog or Team Better Homes & Gardens fast selling Creamy Spiced Eggnog.
So let’s compare the two!
1) Scent: This is probably the most important parameter to measure…and is a tough one! Yankee Candle’s Eggnog has that classic vanilla and cinnamon creamy tone, however, there is something about BH&G’s Creamy Spiced Eggnog that pushes it one step further! The BH&G version is extra creamy with a better balance of spice and vanilla egginess. So: Point to BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog!
2) Throw: While both scents have decent and reliable throws, I find that the BH&G version has a slightly stronger throw and presence (can fill up a larger room). So: Point to BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog!
3) How long the scent lasts: Okay, I measure the “time” aspect by how many tealights I can use to melt a tart before it’s throw is too weak. Both Yankee Candle and BH&G’s scents last 2 tealights (~8 hours) for me. So: It’s a tie!
4) Availability: Yankee Candle’s Eggnog is retired, but it pops up often at Outlets or occasionally as a holiday treasure. So if you live near a Yankee Candle outlet, its a possibility you’ll find this scent. (But that is only to a small % of the population!). The BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog has been sold in Walmart for the last 3 years…however, it sells out fast! In fact, I didn’t even buy any this year since my store sold out before I could stock up! Thus, the BH&G version is first come, first enjoy! So: This one is tough…for me it’s a tie. To anyone not near a Yankee Candle out (aka me soon), point goes to BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog!
5) The husband factor: Okay…so this is my way of saying “how does the people who live with me like the scent?” It’s fine if I enjoy it, but how does a partner, friend, sibling, etc like the scent? This one is no contest for my husband Mike. His favorite scent of all time is the BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog. He likes this scent so much, he actually will melt it one his own (this is the only scent with that honor!) So: BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog!
The overall winner: BH&G Creamy Spiced Eggnog!
What are you thoughts?????