As Jenna wrote earlier, we took a sister bonding trip to the Wrentham Outlets to get in some last minute Christmas shopping….and at 5/$50 large jars, we picked up a thing or two for ourselves!
Here are some of my favorite finds!
1) Shortbread: I’m a sucker for shortbread cookies. This scent was excellent…buttery with a hint of butterscotch. Not my favorite shortbread scent I’ve ever smelled, but still very notable. I also like this new Yankee Candle jar labeling. It’s very simple and different. I think this design is for the Homegoods/Marshalls/TJMaxx lines.
2) Wild Sea Grass: This scent is very similar to the now retired Dune Grass with just an extra hint of mint. It is one of the new Spring 2015 scents. My mother loved Dune Grass, so we already know this will be her replacement!
3) Rolling Hills of Ireland: I actually loved this new World Journey scent. It is similar to Green Grass (no surprise there!) but is more complex than just a grass scent. It has a hint of something else in it…like a fresh water scent and a green floral. It’s weird because I normally hate grassy scents (I’m allergic to cut grass!) but this one stopped me in my tracks…..I also had my husband holding onto one for dear life because he loved it so much and was afraid they would sell out. Anyways, I bought one and so did Jenna! My plan is to burn this for March!
4) Red Raspberry: This is one of the new Spring 2015 scents…and is one of my favorites. It’s a sweet raspberry scent…almost like a fresh raspberry jam. If you like dessert or fruity scents, give this one a sniff!
5) Pink Grapefruit: This one looks like it should be a new spring or summer scent. I absolutely love any citrus scents and this one is no exception! It’s wonderful! Anyone remember Bath & Body Works Pink Grapefruit body spray? This is very similar! It is an acidic and sharp grapefruit scent with a hint of natural sugar! This one was really nice and I hope to see tarts of it!
7) Fiji Beach: This new World Journey has a beautiful label, but did smell like a fairly “run-of-the-mill” beach scent. It was nice and reminded me a tad of Beach Walk. Jenna bought one, but I passed!
I also noticed some of the new Yankee Candle Home Classic scents at Target!
1) Harbor Breeze: Jenna and I have an obsession with anchors. We both own so many clothes with anchors on them and so this candle is perfect. It’s a average beachy/ocean scent, but with a label like that…it’s awesome!
I am a huge fan of the Duff cake and cookie mixes. I bought these mixes, Chocolate Snowball and White Chocolate Ginger Cookie, to make for Christmas and they were a huge hit! I got so many compliments! Well, they were 30% off today at Target and I bought 4 boxes! Definitely worth it!